In the IoT ecosystem, IoT platforms are at its core. Using standard Internet protocols, data can be exchanged between IoT devices and applications.
Then IoT platforms act as the gateway between the data networks and sensors of these devices.
objects connected to the Internet; What are the best Internet of Things platforms?
Through the Internet of Things (IoT) artificial intelligence (AI) and technology will be able to evolve. What are the best platforms for this?
Devices can be connected using the scalable cloud base available on this IoT platform. Processing is accelerated by running an administrative console. Users who wish to do so can also associate a REST API with the foundation of their project. Thinger.io considers all kinds of hacking cards as below:
- Raspberry pie;
- Intel Edison
Thinger integration can be done in IFTT. You will be able to consult a beautiful interface and real-time data.
Zetta API focuses on Node.js. Zetta is ideal for designing applications that require real-time data. The Internet of Things platform combines WebSockets and REST APIs. It also has many strengths, namely:
- Ability to work on the cloud, PC and small development boards;
- the ease of its interface, as well as the programming required to master sensors and others;
- The ability offered to developers to combine smartphone applications with other applications intended for the cloud;
- change any machine to API;
- Develop data-intensive real-time applications.
3. As the Internet of Things
Kaa IoT is a platform that attracts many developers who are specialized in the Internet of Things. In fact, it makes it possible to create end-to-end IoT solutions, but not only. Apps and smart devices connected to it can also be designed. Kaa can also handle skills in connected smart devices. As a result, effective communication can be established.
The platform is of great benefit to startups that want to enter the enterprise stage. Its content is full of fairly advanced publishing models. It is mainly related to multicloud IoT solutions. Besides, Kaa’s features can satisfy almost any needs and application. Here are some of the more obvious ones:
- ease of interoperability between devices;
- Perform real-time device control and provision and disposal of remote devices;
- Create cloud services for smart products;
- implement real-time device monitoring;
- manage an unlimited number of connected devices;
- collecting and analyzing sensor data;
So you can see that Kaa is a complete solution, for those who really want to work in IoT.
Many developers are looking for a computer that has the ability to distinguish and control the real world. Of course, provided that it is connected to a regular standalone computer. In such a case, using an Arduino IoT platform is the best thing you can do. Its ease of use is certainly what entices the most. You’ll quickly realize that it’s a clever mix of IoT hardware and software.
The work of the whole is made possible thanks to the various physical properties. It’s about interactive electronics. The Arduino software solution follows in the footsteps of the programming language of the same name. The same is true for the Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
5. Red knot
Among the existing IoT platforms, Node-RED particularly stands out. This is a visual tool to call:
- physical hardware;
- Application programming interfaces.
- Innovative online services.
Node-RED is based on Node.js, and is defined as a visual way to join the Internet of Things. Developers can use it to connect a variety of devices, as well as services. APIs are one of them, and all this is possible through a summary editor based on the browser. The platform can run without any issues on the Raspberry Pi. Installation can be increased by an additional 60,000 units.
Flutter is specially designed for students and engineers. It is a processor core that can be programmed for electronic projects. The peculiarity of this platform is its long extension. The board is based on Arduino and features a wireless transmitter. The latter can be displayed up to half a mile. Here it will not be necessary to have a router. Interaction can occur between different floating panels.
The easy-to-use platform has 256-bit AES encryption. Here are many other features that you are entitled to:
- original and fast performance;
- Expressive and flexible user interface;
- Great visual finish and functionality of existing UI elements.
7. M2MLabs mainspring
Mainspring M2MLabs is a real all-in-one. Here you have enough to develop machine-to-machine (M2M) applications such as:
- remote control;
- Fleet management
- smart station.
The platform facilities include a variety of items. Among others, these are:
- Flexible device design
- Hardware Structure
- communication between machines and applications;
- data validation and standardization;
Mainspring M2MLabs is based on Java and the Apache Cassandra NoSQL database. It only takes a few hours for developers to design M2M applications. Then they can move it to a high performance operating environment. The latter is done above:
- Standard J2EE server;
- From the highly scalable Apache Cassandra database.
8. Remote unlock
With Open Remote, you can discover a new open source IoT platform. It is used in creating professional applications for many purposes. The most common are energy or crowd management. You may also derive from it general asset management applications. Open Remote also has many other key features such as:
- Generic form of assets and attributes with different asset types;
- Protocol proxies such as HTTP REST or MQTT, to connect your IoT and other devices;
- Android and iOS consoles to access phone services, push notifications, and more.
Open Remote also has a stream editor that allows data manipulation. Event-based rules can be implemented through the WHEN-THEN and Groovy interface. A standard dashboard is available for various tasks, including:
- the control ;
- Monitor your application.
Users can also access other components of the web interface to design project-specific applications. The Edge Gateway solution connects different instances to one another for central administration. In short, Open Remote is a multi-tenant solution applicable to a variety of fields.
9. Painting things
This IoT platform can be used for many purposes. ThingsBoard can:
- Treat ;
- Device Manager.
Moreover, it respects all core IoT protocols such as CoAP, MQTT, and http. Using it can also enable cloud and on-premises deployments. The resulting workflows focus on design-related lifecycle events. The same is true for RPC requests and REST API events. ThingsBoard’s features are quite numerous.
The stability of the platform is related to scalability, as is the endurance of the years. The user can easily control all the connected devices within a very secure system. All millions of connected devices are managed simultaneously. You won’t notice a single failure moment because every nodes in the package is minute. Additionally, here are the other features available:
- Thirty custom dashboard widgets;
- ready-to-use multi-tenant facilities;
- activation of specific functions;
- Transform and normalize device input.
This last point makes it possible to facilitate alarms, to create alerts about all events related to telemetry.
This is a platform where you can prototype Marvell Semiconductor devices. Kinoma has within it three distinct open source projects. they :
- Kinoma Create: DIY building kit, dedicated to prototyping electronic devices;
- Kinoma Studio: a development environment, the operation of which depends on the setup and the Kinoma Platform Runtime;
- Kinoma Connect: A free app for iOS and Android, that acts as a link between smartphones and IoT devices.
This platform will allow you to perform many tasks. In addition to entering device input, SiteWhere also assists with ingestion and processing. You’ll be able to run it on Apache Tomcat, and it provides MongoDB and HBase applications. SiteWhere can be deployed on site or different cloud platforms such as:
It is also considered a Kubernetes cluster provisioning.
The Internet of Things is constantly experiencing new improvements. If exploited properly, it will make cities and businesses more competitive.