what is it “digital credentials“?
The “digital credentialsThese are 100% digital, tamper-proof and verifiable certificates. They are generally issued by an institution: DiplomasOr skills or texts for the world of training and education, for example. The blockchain It makes it possible to secure, authenticate and maintain these documents. Thus, students have original certificates for life that can be used and verified instantly without any action.
The “digital credentialsThey are increasingly adapting to a digital career, as evidenced by the preponderance of LinkedIn or other social networks in professional careers. “Digital credentials” are also powerful tools for the physicalization of the operations of higher education management and continuing education institutions.
At the end of the article, you will find the five reasons why students who have obtained a secure certificate via blockchain consider it beneficial for their employability and administrative procedures. Over 85% want to continue receiving “blockchain digital credentials” for their future training!
What is Blockchain?
Blockchain is a secure and transparent technology for storing and transmitting information. The data and all its manipulations are stored there irrevocably in a record that everyone can refer to, in the case of the so-called public blockchain.
According to mathematician and computer scientist Jean-Paul Delahaye, “Blockchain is a large open account book that is open to anyone to write and read and is shared on a large number of computers around the world” (source).
Some key dates:
- 2009: The creation of the blockchain Bitcoinblockchain for transactions;
- 2015: Blockchain project launched Ethereumthe blockchain allows applications to be published;
- 2020: The first phase of publicationEthereum 2.0, allowing for great scalability and contained power consumption. These recent developments pave the way for widespread use and largely counter criticisms of the energy consumption of blockchain technology.
Why is it a reliable and sustainable technology?
Blockchain is a technology Believes “the design“ : It is designed so that the data stored there cannot be changed, thanks to encryption and decentralization. Decentralization, in the case of the blockchain, is a peer-to-peer principle that allows a large number of nodes (storage servers) to replicate information by ensuring that it is the same across all nodes. It brings flexibility and durability.
Technology is now used in most industries, from supply chain to finance to government and central banks. There are countless large international organizations that use it: the Université de la Francophonie, the World Bank, UNICEF, the European Commission, etc.
Why are cryptocurrencies often confused with blockchain applications?
Blockchain regularly makes financial headlines and often generates strong arguments. Revolutionary technology or digital banditry, technology for geeks or is it already available to all of us? We understand that it is not immediate to understand the multiple applications and use cases of blockchain.
So let’s distinguish:
- The Cryptocurrencyor virtual currencies, which are freely exchangeable assets (such as Bitcoin or Ether) whose prices, unregulated, are based solely on supply and demand;
- The apps Using the blockchain to produce a service or infrastructure.
The latter, the newer, is less well known to the general public, hence the confusion between blockchain and cryptocurrency. However, blockchain applications are more and more numerous, and they take advantage of the intrinsic characteristics of this application:
- Transparency ;
- Safety ;
The first application, historical and natural, relates to documentation Preserve the evidence. In the world of education, the step was taken several years ago: a matterValidity of certificates It is a recognized use case for blockchain technologies.
5 Reasons Students Love Digital Credentials
BCdiploma has developed and patented a blockchain platform for authenticating academic data and assigning links that are unique, tamper-resistant, and valid for life. In less than two years, more than a hundred institutions in 15 countries have begun issuing blockchain-type digital credentials. read more…
During the last quarter of 2020, BCdiploma teams conducted a satisfaction survey to measure adoption digital credentials For students from four institutions:
- Arts and Crafts ParisTech;
IAE Nantes – Economics and Management – University of Nantes;
Emilion School of Business;
VisionCompliance, the leading Swiss provider of professional financial training.
The results show real accreditation and commitment to this new form of non-material academic degree:
86.5% of students would like to obtain “blockchain digital credentials” (accredited digital certificates) again for their next courses or diplomas;
87.1% are proud of the initiative their institution has taken.
81.2% around them would recommend certificates produced using the BCdiploma blockchain technology;
read more :
- BCdiploma is trusted by more than 100 organizations from 15 countriesBlockchain digital credentials“, 100% tamper-proof and verifiable digital certificates
- Find the latest news from the BCdiploma community at Blog : Arts et Métiers, Industry 4.0 to Blockchain digital credentials ; EBSI Webinar from University of Lille, Use the “Accredited Diplomas and Digital Certificates” status…
- emlyon business school, Arts et Métiers, IAE Nantes, Hoa Sen University HSU, eCampusOntario, Afnor Certification, IFOCOP etc… Discover the successes of BCdiploma
- What is a file Micro-certifications How does BCdiploma allow you to enhance your training offering with the Full Achievement Badge platform?
- What is the “Blockchain digital credentials“And how does BCdiploma make it possible to customize content and”the designFrom all your academic documents?
- Better understanding of promisesBlockchain digital credentials“: How to choose a dematerialization solution for diplomas and skill blocks
See more technologies from this institution